The artist Julius Kronberg
(1850-1921) was born in Karlskrona. Already at the age of fourteen, he was accepted at the Art Academy and continued his studies in Munich and Rome. His main source of inspiration was the 18th century painter Gianbattista Tiepolo. Returning to Sweden, he received a series of public and private commissions, including at Stockholm Palace and Hallwylska Palace. He had a studio built at the farm Lilla Skuggan on Norra Djurgården in Stockholm, which was then owned by Kronberg's mother-in-law Carin Scholander. When Kronberg died in 1921, the studio with all its equipment was bought by Countess Wilhelmina von Hallwyl, who donated it to Skansen, where it was moved the following year.